Enjoyed Saturday evening at Concord Quarters. Dinner was superb and we got to hear about The Slave Dwelling Project by its director Joe McGill.
Concord Quarters is the only remaining building at Concord Plantation, which burned in 1901. It was the home of the first Spanish governor of the Mississippi Territory, Don Manuel Gayosa de Lemos.
The Quarters was where the enslaved people lived on the plantation. It's now owned by Gregory and Deborah Cosey, who treated us to a delicious meal of mustard greens, ham hocks, black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, cornbread and apple cobbler.
They also run a B&B there. www.concordquarters.com.
Dagger Cane that belonged to Spanish Governor Don Manuel Gayosa de Lemos |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Blah-Blahs