Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

On the First Cold Day of 2018

Today felt like first winter when you're kind of delighted it's Christmastime but the sky is pewter and the air is cold and you wonder if it's ever going to be a bright, sunshiny day again. Halfway between desolation and utter joy.
You think of all the dead, but also of the children who still wonder at the magic. And the knowledge that one day in the not-too-distant future, you'll be among the dead they're missing at the table, wishing you could make it easier for them.
In the meantime, the constellations turn in their heavens and never notice the tiny starts and finishes of the ants who live upon this hill. And people wonder why I never make the bed.

11/01/2018

2 comments:

  1. I always make the bed because Will always made it for us. Part of my love for him. I never made the bed before I fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never make the bed because I no longer find the impetus to get out of it. Someday I need to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete

Blah-Blahs