Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Showboat's Comin'! - 1951

I've had this picture a few days and have been trying to get information on who's in it and where they were going.  I found out yesterday from Bettye Jenkins that these Natchez belles were on a train on their way to the 1951 film premiere of Showboat, which was filmed in Natchez.  Please see the caption under the photo for identities.  If I've mistakenly identified anyone, please feel free to let me know.

So far, here's what I have:
Man seated in center aisle, Xaviar Cugat, a famous band leader who was married to Charo; woman seated next to him on the right, Gladys Schaifer; seated far right, Katherine Miller; man behind the partition, Joe Kellogg; woman standing in between two other women, Ruth Adele Hayles Lovitt, who was serving as Miss Hospitality in Natchez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah-Blahs