Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Shanty. And a Delta Blues Epiphany



As promised, Tommy, Courtney and I returned from our road trip through the Delta and now we're ready to share what we did and saw. We had a blast. I took pictures, and Courtney wrote about it. In addition to being drop-dead gorgeous, Courtney Taylor is a talented gourmet, writer, actress and all-around smart Southern girl. I've known her since she was a kid, but this was the first time I'd gotten together with her in a professional capacity. Okay, well, I have a hard time thinking of it as professional since we had so much fun. Is that allowed?

And Tommy? Well, I'll let Courtney tell you about Tommy, our hometown boy who found beauty in the music of grief at the end of a man's life on a Lousiana levee, how it led him to Nashville and back again, where he works to make it mark new beginnings for the people and the place he calls home.

Read the article here in this month's Country Roads Magazine.

*photo and post by Elodie Pritchartt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah-Blahs