Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SSssssssspringtime.

The dogs were barking madly one day last week.  I went out to see what it was.  It was this fellow on the porch, buzzing frantically and having a particularly bad day.

I don't like killing anything.  Not even snakes.  They're just trying to get by like everybody else.  If he'd been further down the drive I would've left him alone. But all the dogs were surrounding him and sooner or later, one would've gotten bitten.  So I grabbed my dad and my camera and took a picture before said father dispatched him with a pistol filled with bird shot.

He was big.  About four and a half feet.  Ten rattles and a button, which we placed in the calling-card tray by the door with half a dozen others.  We think it's welcoming.  Don't you?  Ha!

Unable to find a yardstick to measure him with, I settled on a cane.  In fact, I'm pretty sure he's a cane rattler.  Be careful out there in this warm weather.

By the way, those of you who follow this blog will notice it's changed in appearance.  I was playing with templates today and lost my old template.  I can't figure out how to get it back.  I'll be working on trying to create something attractive and easy on the eyes.  If you see something you particularly like, take a screenshot and let me know.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah-Blahs